Re: [ezjail] ZFS? [WAS] Re: Problem with "archive" command in 3.0b

Philipp Wuensche wrote:
> Graham Todd wrote:
>> Would this also work for the binary freebsd-update(5) method for the basejail?
>
> I haven't tested all this with freebsd-update since I only have ZFS
> systems with CURRENT and obviously no freebsd-update is available for them!
>
> It could work, since creating the basejail/newjail filesystem or
> directories is done before doing make installworld or freebsd-update.

Today I setup a 7.1-RELEASE system with ZFS. freebsd-update should now
work with ZFS and ezjail but not with FreeBSD-7. ZFS in FreeBSD 7 is
heavily outdated and doesn't know stuff like zfs create -p which I use
in the patch :-(

My guess is ZFS in FreeBSD 7 isn't stable enough for running a
jailsystem anyway, the ZFS patches in 8.0 require huge changes in the
FreeBSD kernel and I think they will not be backported to FreeBSD 7, so
FreeBSD 8.0 is the way to go.

greetings,
philipp