Re: [ezjail] Moving jails between hosts

Michael Scheidell wrote:

Doug Poland wrote:
I've got two nearly identical servers and I need to move jails from one host to the other. I thought that the archive/restore command would be the ticket for me, but have many problems with the archive functionality.

If I cannot use archive/restore, could someone outline the steps I would need to take to move a jail from one host to another? Many thanks!

I needed to make sure that the basejail directories were the same, so I did (a couple of)

rsync -avu source target

then reversed them.

So, simply create the jail on both hosts, verify base directories are the same, then simply rsync the entire jail from one host to the other? Too easy :)

Doug