Re: [ezjail] Moving jails between hosts

Doug Poland wrote:
Hello,

I've got two nearly identical servers and I need to move jails from one host to the other.  I thought that the archive/restore command would be the ticket for me, but have many problems with the archive functionality.

If I cannot use archive/restore, could someone outline the steps I would need to take to move a jail from one host to another?  Many thanks!

I needed to make sure that the basejail directories were the same, so I did (a couple of)

rsync -avu source target

then reversed them.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> | SECNAP Network Security Corporation
  • Certified SNORT Integrator
  • King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008
  • Information Security Award 2008, Info Security Products Guide
  • CRN Magazine Top 40 Emerging Security Vendors
  • Finalist 2009 Network Products Guide Hot Companies

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.
For Information please see www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/