Re: [ezjail] Problem with "archive" command in 3.0b

I have not tried yet, but I might try the ports gtar, and or regular tar

(cpio also has the 2gb limit i think)

the 'posix' format, that isn't supported in freebsd 6.4 (which we use)

ps, when I needed to actually do this, I stopped the jail, copied over the 'big file', erased the big file, ran the archive, did the restore, copied back the big file.

other thing you could do is MAYBE bzip2 the big file first (if that will take it under the 2gb limit)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
Phone: 561-999-5000, x 1259
> | SECNAP Network Security Corporation
  • Certified SNORT Integrator
  • King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008
  • Information Security Award 2008, Info Security Products Guide
  • CRN Magazine Top 40 Emerging Security Vendors
  • Finalist 2009 Network Products Guide Hot Companies

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.
For Information please see www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/