Re: [ezjail] ezjail freebsd-update

Robert Clemens wrote:
>> Graham Todd wrote:
>>> Robert Clemens wrote:
... [snip] ...
>>> 1) On some systems I use the freebsd-update utility to provide binary
>>> updates to the system instead of buildworld/installworld.
>>> How would I apply these updates to the basejail for updating?
>>>
>> Which version of ezjail are you using? ... [snip] ...
>> I believe the current CVS version avoids the binary diffing etc. and
>> downloads a full new version of the base system.
>>
> I'm using 3.0 from ports of ezjail. Haven't tried any dev releases yet.

Oh then the upgrade to fix the bug likely won't help. Perhaps Dirk or
others have seen it.

>>> 2) I sometimes get multiple listings of a single jail within "jls". On a
>>> reboot my system will load all jails correctly and list each individually
>>> with correct JIDs. If I issue a shutdown "ezjail.sh stop jailname" it
>>> sometimes leaves the jail showing as still up even though its not.
... [snip] ...
>> What version of FreeBSD are you using?  I think this bug was due to an
>> issue with ezjail interaction with /etc/rc.d/jail
>>
> Actually using a 7.1-BETA2 build. It's quite fast and stable. Haven't
> had a single issue.

hmm myself as well, I used to see this as well but haven't seen the issue
for a while now.  For me it was an issue more often an issue for image
jails: they stayed around after being stopped/killed because they still
had a hold on some resource or another I guess (network or disk or ...?).

Do they dissappear if you leave the machine running awhile or if you jexec
into them and kill init,bash or other processes? What if you stop ezjail
entirely (i.e. all jails) and then start it up again?

>> ps: My cosmetic patch to ezjail.sh :-D
>> -    echo -n "${message##_}"
>> +    echo -n "${message##_}:
> You might want to add the end quotes (") to that echo line. Should work
> without em but would be good form to toss em back in.

heheh ... they're there not sure why they didn't show in the diff. Anyway
hopefully you'll get some solutions or hints as to what might be causing
these hangs to happen.

Good luck.