[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Troubleshooting jails ( I think I have broken the basejail )
- To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Subject: Troubleshooting jails ( I think I have broken the basejail )
- From: "Alex Moura" <alexsm AT gmail DOT com>
- Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 17:15:25 -0300
- Delivered-to: mailing list ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=hOaUt4aNIqDtnV5yUeCuUkiCk4ipLgV09AiOi9UPSKM=; b=MWSRZEo3Mgh4R4N14rwogi9pXtF7UJ0CK3ijjMFWwvYQSomOkKvnyfKRGoGPwJgNch 86ymrLeJe79TMV6SCt69gVk+KNGaFllRGaP7JmSCIHPyPY/lvxWfIWIRVxk9JflT+U8o Pd/3hGvOvEXTL8C/LzR9jK6o+Vx/RpP1vsCvQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=ftOGvw95YcPN+C35zcLAzzdZU6LtxTygwons32hLbbsjnpXhPZSrTrquXgImuUt9R9 6ox4e3b1vkICJUN6BK3TZWveNCIseIJBcuBoHVPRmZRZuhvIe2zGLut2RV1ycFwpAsPa 5FKXA3Xsy9LzgTgRTWzajxlaAqNiBs+UsywHw=
- Mailing-list: contact ezjail-help AT erdgeist DOT org; run by ezmlm
This last evening we had a problem with a server running jails regarding the server entering the daylight savings time a week before the right date. During the timezone/daylight adjusts to restore the right time, I believe that something broke the basejail, because now the jails are giving errors to some basic commands at the CLI, even at the console:
csh: Cannot open /etc/termcap.
csh: using dumb terminal settings.
tput: tgetent failure: No such file or directory
ssh user AT host DOT localdomain
[user@host ~]$ screen
Cannot find termcap entry for 'xterm-color'.
( Never had a problem before with the last above command )
I'd appreciate any tips to troubleshoot the server's jails infrastructure, including the basejail.
The only thing I can recall that would touch the basejail is that I was trying to update the /etc/localtime of the base system and all the jails to make them display the same correct clock time.
Thanks in advance,