Re: [Spam? ] Re: [ezjail] Man page missing information about 'ezjail-admin update -u'

Dirk Engling wrote:
In theory this is correct, so it is in practise. However I am not using
the freebsd-update command as its meant to be and I'm still a little
embarrassed: I abuse this tool to extract a completely new OS while it
was designed to diff the installed OS with versions from the server and
apply patches as necessary.
Is does seem to 'patch' instead of overwriting completely, and it does it pretty fast (almost instantly):

# uname -r
6.3-RELEASE-p1
# ezjail-admin install -m -p
# ezjail-admin update -u
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 6.3-RELEASE from update1.freebsd.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

The following files will be updated as part of updating to 6.3-RELEASE-p4:
/lib/libpthread.so.2
/usr/bin/dig
/usr/bin/host
/usr/bin/nslookup