Re: [ezjail] Man page missing information about 'ezjail-admin update -u'

Michiel Detailleur wrote:

> The man page doesn't give any information about updating the basejail
> with freebsd-update (I discovered this feature via the ezjail homepage).
>
> Does this new ezjail 3.0 feature also mean that if I install the
> basejail via 'ezjail-admin install' and update it via 'ezjail-admin
> update -u', I have no need for /usr/src anymore? Thus saving me from
> having to deal with cvsup/csup and freeing a good 400MB from the host
> system! That would absolutly rock and allow to deploy a basic host
> system with jails even faster!

In theory this is correct, so it is in practise. However I am not using
the freebsd-update command as its meant to be and I'm still a little
embarrassed: I abuse this tool to extract a completely new OS while it
was designed to diff the installed OS with versions from the server and
apply patches as necessary.

So when I come up with a working way to convince this utility that the
split worlds actually are one, and update them the intended way, I
consider that feature complete. For now it should be good enough.

Have fun,

  erdgeist