Re: [ezjail] Backing up a jail

According to Dan Langille:
> Given a jail at /usr/jails/example.org, I plan to exclude the following directories:

These are symlinks, just use a backup system that does not reference symlinks, just store them (which almost system I know -- tar/cpio/pax/zfs send/dump -- will do by default).

The main things is that of course, unless you have specified every jail inside their own FS (easy with ZFS, slightly less practical with UFS), dump/restore won't be usable as it does dump only entire FS (something Rémy Card submitted a patch for years ago...)

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto AT keltia DOT net
In memoriam to Ondine, our 2nd child: http://ondine.keltia.net/