Re: [ezjail] Migrate repository to Github

On 21.07.13 23:43, Zenny wrote:

> As far as the official documenation is concerned
> (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/cvsup.html), the cvs is
> deprecated and replaced by subversion.

Don't confuse cvsup as the tool to deploy the FreeBSD base system with
the cvs tool which is still live and kicking in a standard world. It is
far from being deprecated.

svn is not a nice rcs by any standard, lacking both the distribution and
check summing features of git and the simplicity and relative robustness
of CVS, so it is not really an option for ezjails moderate requirements.

> The users may benefit if this list is active than the choice of ther
> versioning system. Everything is fine if it is supported officially by
> FreeBSD and works! ;-) For me at least!

The list is a little slow due to summer vacation in the northern
hemisphere, I noticed your email and the follow-up ;) Once I can
correctly answer both of your questions, I'll reply.