Re: [ezjail] Migrate repository to Github

On 7/21/13, Dirk Engling <erdgeist AT erdgeist DOT org> wrote:
> On 21.07.13 09:13, T.Nomura wrote:
>
>> Mr.Engling
>
> Dear Mr. Nomura,
>
>> I hope migrate repository from svn to Github.
>
> ezjail has been maintained in an CVS repository from the very beginning
> and I plan on keeping it that way, at least until the FreeBSD base
> system is capable of checking out git repositories.

As far as the official documenation is concerned
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/cvsup.html), the cvs is
deprecated and replaced by subversion.

> If it was not, I would depend on the git port on a vanilla FreeBSD
> system before I could install the HEAD of ezjail. This would be very
> inconvenient when developing.
>
>> I think come many users and developer.
>
> How do you think users and developers would really benefit?

The users may benefit if this list is active than the choice of ther
versioning system. Everything is fine if it is supported officially by
FreeBSD and works! ;-) For me at least!