Re: [ezjail] ezjail userland out of date with host

On 6/9/13 12:12 PM, Dirk Engling wrote:
On 09.06.13 06:34, Kelly Martin wrote:

I now have different userland binaries in my basejail than in the host.
At this point "ezjail-admin update -u" doesn't help me because it thinks
the jails are current with the latest versions. Is my only option to
build a new basejail from source? Or are there other ways to update my
jail binaries to be the same as the host? I'd prefer to stick with the
binary upgrade approach if possible because I might run out of storage
space if I make a new world...

The -u option is just for updates. If you want to UPGRADE your system,
use "ezjail-admin update -U" and tell ezjail (and thus freebsd-update)
which version of the base system is installed in the basejail, e.g.

   ezjail-admin update -U -s 8.1-RELEASE

Just out of curiosity I did this on a server with 9.1-RELEASE-p3 and got

# ezjail-admin update -U -s 9.1-RELEASE
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 9.1-RELEASE from update4.freebsd.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.

The following components of FreeBSD seem to be installed:
kernel/generic world/base world/doc world/games world/lib32

The following components of FreeBSD do not seem to be installed:
src/src

Does this look reasonable (y/n)? y

Fetching metadata signature for 9.1-RELEASE-p3 from update4.freebsd.org... failed. Fetching metadata signature for 9.1-RELEASE-p3 from update2.freebsd.org... failed. Fetching metadata signature for 9.1-RELEASE-p3 from update5.freebsd.org... failed. Fetching metadata signature for 9.1-RELEASE-p3 from update3.freebsd.org... failed.
No mirrors remaining, giving up.

which seems after all reasonable, because there is no 9.1-RELEASE-p3 in existence on the mirrors. What's the best way to sail around this cliff?

# ezjail-admin update -i -P

Thxs, Werner