[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
updating via freebsd-update
- To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Subject: updating via freebsd-update
- From: John Peebles <johnpeeb AT gmail DOT com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 23:28:45 -0400
- Delivered-to: mailing list ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=DjHzwr8oPJx8r6CNphd/5FOzJNT0xFkih8ndnVsNnaI=; b=IY7tsAwMqrmSNtCVlhx1/jModJLIPe1xo9aA3WwQMwVqKbsuFgvKbK+vgOuLNsHX8u 2e6xvKPI/RueGgF2m7uqgvvT7gntt1voFLjIa2Jq6e6t33AQqKPs27C6shHG+LBK66ov 3Y53C4ameLmcvLPaBkd0knlf2wFfVuRO8s4U43B7+UtwDrKpYKfIQewgax1blYZedq5d Bho/HphMf69XJD2v2KPhp19tYxRtLOhjhJotBFABO87ZNeyBarnU1oNJd5z2vhU73AKB SI74/o/564N4la79/5SxJH1dl4qo+cfN6t74pPyG7+YUA34GbkSTWoFxjbALt9lhiV7M Njyw==
- Mailing-list: contact ezjail-help AT erdgeist DOT org; run by ezmlm
I'm trying to use the ezjail-admin update -U command to update my
jails, but am encountering two difficulties.
(1) I get a bunch of "no such file or directory" errors for files in
the basejail/etc folder. Is this expected, since there is no etc
folder in the basejail?
(2) None of the etc folders in my actual jails are updated. How can I
make sure that all the updated/new files that are supposed to go
places other than the basejail go where they are supposed to? I tried
running freebsd-update from within one of the jails, but it's unable
to back up the kernel since the location it wants to do it in is read
only. As such, it fails.
It would be very nice if the ezjail-admin utility had some way of
walking me through this process, but I'm happy to do it manually if
somebody can explain what I need to do.