Re: [ezjail] Ezjail and fixed JID

Hi Uroš,

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 22:54:57 +0200, Uroš Gruber wrote:
> Is it possible to force ezjail, to use fixed JID and not increment it every
> restart. Is this something I can owerride with ezjail or this is pure
> rc.d/jail stuff? I tried to set things up in ezjail configs but without
> success.

Personally, I use names to identify my jails with a fixed identifier. This isn't
exactly what you asked for, but I prefer human readable labels over integers. I
use the following workaround/"hack":

--snip--
export jail_www_flags="-n www -l -U root"
--snip--

The interesting part here is obviously -n www, which assigns a name to the jail.
I then use it via jexec www csh or something similar.

I'm not sure this is the official or even intended way to do it, but it works
for me.

Best regards,

Moritz

--