freebsd-update and jails' /etc

Happy new year everyone,

I'm thinking about using ezjail-admin's -U switch for the first time and can't really figure out what the right way to go is to get a host and a couple of ezjail jails from 9.0 to 9.1.
Running

# freebsd-update upgrade -r 9.1-RELEASE
# freebsd-update install
# reboot
# freebsd-update install

gets me a 9.1 host system.
running

# ezjail-admin update -U -s 9.0-RELEASE

twice (after the first run it asks for a reboot, but since we already rebooted into a 9.1 kernel, I think, we can skip this) updates everything in /usr/jails/basejail, but the jails' directories like /etc are left untouched, so I'd end up with a base from 9.1, but with config files and startup scripts from 9.0.

So, how do you guys do upgrades?

Cheers,

Philip