rcorder: could not open log: No such file or directory

Using FreeBSD 8.2 with ezjail-3.2.3

Upon starting jails, I get this message:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail start
rcorder: could not open log: No such file or directory
 ezjailConfiguring jails:.
Starting jails: pg92 etc…

A similar problem occurs when stopping the jails:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail stop
rcorder: could not open log: No such file or directory
 ezjailStopping jails: etc...

This problem does not occur when starting or stopping an individual jail.

I've seen references to problems with /var/log/jail*

For fun, I stopped the jails and removed these files.  The problem persists.

Ideas?

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org