Re: [ezjail] ezjail - Postgresql - Shared Memory

Am 05.10.2012 um 18:14 schrieb "Dante Peter Lee" <danlee AT start DOT no>:

> Hi guys and girls.
>
> I have a issue with shared memory when i try to start postgresql process in one jail so i did some research and landed on FreeBSD Diary where there was suggestion on how to fix this solution, but what i tryied didn't help me much since i am using ezjail and not usual jail that follows.
>
> Some basic information:  FreeBSD 8.3 release on my dedicated server, installed ezjails for first time for couple of weeks and still tweaking stuff up for my needs, installed a jail for to run testing in before i added packages and stuff i need to run in other jails, first in the start i had some issues with installing postgresql in the jail, i followed a manual for Gnuworld, but when i had finally found a workaround for that issue i got a new issue, shared memory issue.
>
> I then added in host system /etc/sysctl.conf following line: security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1 and in the jail config i added export jail_JAILNAME_sysvipc_allow="YES" and after that in the /etc/rc.conf i added jail_JAILNAME_sysvipc_allow="YES" and then i restarted that jail, logged in tryied to run postgresql but still the same issue when i run the initd -D command it comes up with the error of Shared Memory.

isn't it jail_sysvipc_allow=YES that should go into rc.conf? If I remember correctly that sets the appropriate sysctl when using /etc/rc.d/jail, which you don't, so you should try sysctl -w security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1.
I think, that's only a system-wide knob and you cannot allow it for certain jails only, so there's actually isn't jail_JAILNAME_sysvipc_allow parameter.

Philip