Re: [ezjail] cpuset weirdness

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 13:46:11 +0200, Philipp Wuensche wrote:
> Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 13:27:17 +0200, Philipp Wuensche wrote:
> >> Please try your patch with ${ezjail} instead of ${jail_name}. This
> >> should give you the name of the jail with the problem.
> >
> > Thanks for the hint.
> > The problem why "for jail" didn't show up is that the same change needs
> > to be made in the rc.d script as well as ezjail-admin. Now it shows
> > which jail causes the problem. Updated diff against CVS trunk ahead.
>
> Right!
>
> Back to the original problem, which setting was wrong? Or did you find
> out what was happening?

If invoking the cpuset command on said jail manually, I get the same
error ezjail reports:

# cpuset -l 2,3 -j 39
cpuset: setaffinity: Resource deadlock avoided

It also happens if I pick different CPUs for said jail:

# cpuset -l 2,0 -j 39
cpuset: setaffinity: Resource deadlock avoided

Or just one CPU:
# cpuset -l 0 -j 39
cpuset: setaffinity: Resource deadlock avoided

All of which exit(1), while for the other jails, there is no output at
all and the return value is 0. Apparently, this is not an ezjail
problem.

Best regards,

Moritz