[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ezjail userland out of date with host
- To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Subject: ezjail userland out of date with host
- From: Kelly Martin <kellymartin AT gmail DOT com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 22:34:59 -0600
- Delivered-to: mailing list ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=XZYEKoAw6TZu8qFmo4dAqkdX2BjNrr2jNhffcA+8zs4=; b=I6eVvAXgY7UYbnXzr8GrovoSSZM+ZR53H6qvLWacR9w/PobQMLqk6tGFHc2PtY/ThB 0YDxi8bUi3TcPOWbGkNN2A9flJ0ft80RID/k3lMbDGZ3H9AUT00KoDvFr26w8BH+iHky a9/MheTcmjqZZW74xxGWXyd3sXxoheBcB8ZxkQ5wva6d6hx7xW5Dynj7OpT40+KNsxau Ia86xHVm/MimAczRaqTgzTGLGw5efJ+P/QsBXc3C6du7HkDVSn3I7Cr1rnOgMyYUwiLA r/BOZu1ZEjyqwAq/N8yC2bokVYmXDq2uTLWKn/2OjdW6Gbb8KQ+Trx8ZPcBUzymUQmNL +NRA==
- Mailing-list: contact ezjail-help AT erdgeist DOT org; run by ezmlm
I've discovered that my jail userlands are out of date/sync with my host. I think I know how that happened but don't know how to fix it. I always use freebsd-update to update the host, and if upgrading to a new release I complete the whole process and *then* run ezjail-admin update -u, which I now realize should have been done before rebooting (or installing?) the binary updates, especially before installing a new kernel.
I now have different userland binaries in my basejail than in the host. At this point "ezjail-admin update -u" doesn't help me because it thinks the jails are current with the latest versions. Is my only option to build a new basejail from source? Or are there other ways to update my jail binaries to be the same as the host? I'd prefer to stick with the binary upgrade approach if possible because I might run out of storage space if I make a new world...