Re: [ezjail] ezjail-admin update -u broken due to shared state directory with host OS

Hello,

On 23 juil. 2015, at 20:51, Chris Cowart <ccowart AT timesinks DOT net> wrote:

> ../..
> The jail had never applied recent updates. ../..

This is quite strange, because I'm running a host with 12 jails and I've not seen this quite of behavior. I've seen other errors, like something about having "pending updates not installed", but eventually everything is working great and files are correctly updated.

Have you checked file checksum between host and jail to compare reality on the field? I was not able to find any differences between my host's and basejail's binaries, so far.

I've ran:

find /bin /rescue /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin -type f -mtime -50 -exec diff -s {} /Sites/basejail{} \;

where /Sites/basejail is my basejail filesystem, and it returned only identical files ("Files /rescue/getfacl and /Sites/basejail/rescue/getfacl are identical"). Remove -s option to display only different files, should be none.

I'm using ezjail-3.4.1_1 pkg (advertised as "ezjail-admin v3.3" in source code) on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE.

regards,
Patrick