ZFS clone extension

Hi,

Recently I was playing with ZFS clones and ezjails. Is there a plan to
include something like a "zclone" function in ezjail, where a ZFS jail
could be ZFS cloned and fired up with some default options?

I found the ZFS cloning very effective during port upgrades, I can clone
a jail while the original is running, start the clone up (with disabled
services like apache etc..) with a temporary IP, upgrade the clone, test
it after upgrade and finally if all is OK promote the clone ZFS jail's
filesystem to be primary.

Stop the original jail, rename it's ZFS filesystem, rename the promoted
clones filesystem to match the original jail root, restore original
rc.conf in the jail and start it up.

This way the upgrades are seamless and everything can be evaluated in
the clone after upgrades.

Regards,
Peter