Re: [ezjail] sharing selected ports across jails?

On okt 2, 2010, 08:05 (-0800) Royce Williams <royce.williams AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Is anyone sharing selected ports across jails?
>
> For ports that multiple jails need (for me, ports like bash, sudo,
> portupgrade, portaudit, etc.), it would be far more efficient to
> upgrade one instance.  Some ports would necessarily be per-jail ports,
> and others would be shared.
>
> Potential issues:
>
> * Specify jail-specific configs and data directories, if needed.
> * Handling libraries.
>
> What is The Right Way to do this?  Unionfs, other?

I have done some scripting to for sharing ports between jails, or rather
between host and jail. I install the port in the host and then create a
package. The package is copied to all jails and there installed as
packages.

In my solution, if ports are shared, then they have exactly the same
configuration (and compilation).

The script is a wrapper around ports-mgmt/portupgrade. It is still in
testing phase.

Mats

Mats Dufberg                                      mats AT dufberg DOT se
Blåarvsgränd 42                                    +46-8-38 48 59
SE-162 45 Vällingby, Sweden                       +46-70-258 2588