Re: [ezjail] jail upgrade: mergemaster?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:33:31PM -0400, Jeff Doolittle wrote:
> Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
>> Jeff Doolittle wrote:
>>>
>>> mergemaster -i -C -D $JAIL
>>>

>> It's correct. Don't forget about .newjail.
>
> Well I went ahead and executed the mergemaster against newjail, but there
> were no updates (must be handled by ezjail?).  I also determined after a
> little poking around I definitely don't run against basejail since it
> doesn't contain an '/etc' directory.  Finally, I ran the mergemaster
> command against the other jails, restarted each jail, and logged in via ssh
> to confirm all the /var/log/message errors are now gone.
> Thanks for confirming this very important step is indeed required.

It looks like ezjail-admin update -i updates newjail already..

Incidentally, this is what I used to mergemaster my jails.  Change
mydomain.tld to your domain, or something else that matches your jail
directories (probably need sh or kin):

for JAIL in `ls -d /usr/jails/*.mydomain.tld`; do umask 22; echo "mergemastering $JAIL, press enter to continue"; read; cd /usr/src/etc/rc.d/ && make install DESTDIR=$JAIL; mergemaster -iU -D $JAIL; done

The one strange thing you may notice there is "cd /usr/src/etc/rc.d &&
make install DESTDIR=$JAIL".  I have the habit of always doing that
before mergemastering, because 1) I never change a system rc script and
2) they're tedious as hell to mergemaster if mergemaster -U doesn't
match for whatever reason.

Perhaps something like that would be a good edition to ezjail-admin?

Dan