Re: [ezjail] Moving jails between servers

Matt Simerson schreef:
With a little extra effort, it even works to migrate a jail from i386 to amd64.
I can attest to that. We did a migration of a dozen jails a few months ago from 7.x i386 to 8.0 amd64.

I don't know the exact steps any more, but the things I did amounted to this:

* install compat7x port (http://www.freshports.org/misc/compat7x/)
* make sure portupgrade/portmaster/... works by going into the ports tree and using good old make deinstall && make clean && make install
* recompile all your ports. takes a while, but should go on by itself

Michiel

--
Michiel Detailleur
Medewerker Informatica