[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ezjail] ezjail-admin install from alternate src/obj?
- To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Subject: Re: [ezjail] ezjail-admin install from alternate src/obj?
- From: Rudy <crapsh AT monkeybrains DOT net>
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:53:45 -0700
- Delivered-to: mailing list ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=monkeybrains.net; s=monkey; t=1284152027; bh=QrYH2SC5Fu6hOazSqwRkCvh4Tj3PkWMqsxvj4KUgXtI=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References: In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pz1PB3OiZRp6ZCGULX0kkw54pVLkzov9uS4xyFZoPnFpWYBFD+ccMzSnqbMz3VGcU zyDezjEKSGaIY6fFtbPbEVv3qj+GYlX0fKd5bvJq/SvogIGFJrelLqTMa8PtrggROm 05ppqOvoYLoqw+s1Xd1c2m3fsOLmro646SpjYg6M=
- In-reply-to: <alpine.OSX.2.00.1009080330100.26598 AT hotlap DOT local>
- Mailing-list: contact ezjail-help AT erdgeist DOT org; run by ezmlm
- References: <alpine.OSX.2.00.1009080330100.26598 AT hotlap DOT local>
- User-agent: Thunderbird/3.x
You can give setting TARGET when building from src. I have never
actually tried this, but you may have luck with it....
Try two source trees (one for the host, one for the jails).
Right before make world, you could try moving away your old src and obj
cd /usr && mv src src.amd64 && mv obj obj.amd64
then moving your 32 bit into place
mv src.i386 src && mkdir obj
cd src && make TARGET=i386 buildworld
When you are done with the jails, mv your src and obj trees out of the
way if you need to update the host.
On 09/08/2010 12:34 AM, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> There seems to now be official support for running 32 bit jails on a
> 64 bit host. We're currently doing this and quite happy with it (in
> our case it's to allow jail portability between i386 and amd64 boxes).
> What I've been doing so far is simply nfs mounting 32 bit /usr/src and
> /usr/obj on the host when updating the basejail.
> I did experiment at some point with pointing to an alternate src tree,
> but as I recall that didn't really work out very well due to the right
> /usr/obj not being found (this was an installworld-only install, ie:
> Any ideas on how to support mixed arches with ezjail going forward?