Re: [ezjail] Backups of jail ports

rick wrote:
I'm setting up backup routines on jails and am wondering what is the best way to backup the ports that are installed inside each jail.

Currently I'm thinking that the best way to handle this is to include
/path/jails/JAIL_NAME/var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/ as this would include the work directory for each installed jail.

Am I totally off base here?  Suggestions?  Slaps on the wrist?
Sort of lost on the best way to proceed.

As long as it only the ports you are interested in, you could use pkg_create to generate freebsd-packages from already installed ports.

Don't know if they will include data changed by users though.

greetings,
cryx