Re: [ezjail] Backups of jail ports

On Feb 7, 2008, at 11:42 AM, rick wrote:

I'm setting up backup routines on jails and am wondering what is the best way to backup the ports that are installed inside each jail.

Currently I'm thinking that the best way to handle this is to include
/path/jails/JAIL_NAME/var/ports/basejail/usr/ports/ as this would include the work directory for each installed jail.

Am I totally off base here?  Suggestions?  Slaps on the wrist?
Sort of lost on the best way to proceed.

Thanks
rick

Remember basejail is read-only and shared among the jails.

To prove this, run:
mount | grep basejail

/etc/make.conf gets this line from ezjail-admin create...:
WRKDIRPREFIX=   /var/ports

So that's where the work dirs are. I'm not sure that backing up the work dirs is valuable. I treat them as transient data. YMMV.