Re: [ezjail] error reporting bug?

Dirk,

On Jun 12, 2010, at 9:20 AM, Dirk Engling wrote:

Not very informative. I eventually tried to start the jail by hand and got a more helpful error:

# jail /usr/jails/vhost2 vhost2 10.0.0.42 /bin/sh
jail: IPv4 addresses clash

This looks like you have assigned the same jail root AND ip address to a jail. Do not do this.

Thanks for the reply. I created a new jail, with a new root, but accidentally assigned it an IP that was in use (as an alias) on another ezjail. Same IP, different roots.

So reading through ezjail.sh, I see that it actually calls /etc/rc.d/ jail. I ran:

  sh /etc/rc.d/jail onestart vhost2
  Configuring jails:.
Starting jails:/etc/rc.d/jail: ERROR: jail: No hostname has been defined for vhost2

But I am missing something in the environment, because it doesn't know about "vhost2". I'll see if I can figure it out and submit a PR for /etc/rc.d/jail.

	- H