Re: [ezjail] error reporting bug?

Not very informative. I eventually tried to start the jail by hand and got a more helpful error:

# jail /usr/jails/vhost2 vhost2 10.0.0.42 /bin/sh
jail: IPv4 addresses clash

This looks like you have assigned the same jail root AND ip address to a jail. Do not do this.

Shouldn't that error by passed back to the user?

This is not an ezjail bug. I do not get this information, if it is not reported by /etc/rc.d/jail. Please file a bug against the rc-system if this bothers you.