Re: [ezjail] cloning a jail

Dave wrote:
Hello,
I've got a jail set up and i'd like to make an exact copy of it, clone it on another ip, with a different name. So for example, it's test i'd like to clone it, call it test1 and put it on another ip is this currently doable with ezjail? I'm running it on freebsd 6.2 via ports.
Thanks.

I think Dirk posted something to the list about new features being tested: move, rename, etc. but also "archive" and "restore"... see:

https://elektropost.org/ezmlm-cgi?mss:310:dekodljoangmjpdeoldc

maybe an "archive" followed by rename and then a "restore" of the original would work ... You could set the ip address on the renamed original to the new value and you'd sort of have a "clone"