Re: [ezjail] How to start without rc setting?

2007/11/17, Graham Todd <gtodd AT bellanet DOT org>:
> Roy Will wrote:
> > i removed the line: ezjail_enable="YES" in the /etc/rc.conf,
> > but can not start my jails with: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh start .
>
> if you examine that script I think you'll find it uses the rc.subr
> functions (?) - in that case ${name}_enable="YES" is usually required.

i used this command and can start jails now and see jails with jls:
#env ezjail_enable="YES" /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh start

but can not stop jails:
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh stop www
 Warning: Jail www not found.

> > Also, if  ezjail_enable="YES"  is added, and i want to config which
> > jails can be started automatically and which jails can not, how to ?
>
> check the man page for ezjail-admin's "config" argument.
>
> from  ezjail-admin(1)
>
>   You can prevent an ezjail from being run at system start
>   by  the  "-r norun" option and reenable it by "-r run".

i found this command:
#ezjail-admin config -r norun  jailname

i thought some config vars can be added to rc.conf to decide which
jails can be run or which can not.

Thanks.