running cvsup in a jail

When I run cvsup from within a jail I get an error "can't write to a protected read-only location. I read the list archives and found thread on subject "portupgrade in a jail". The /usr/jails/basejail/usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile may need correcting in the same manner as /etc/make.config had for portupgrade. But I don't know enough about how ezjail works to figure it out. Would sure welcome some guidance from this list.