Re: [ezjail] /pkg not found

i just tried the test jail and now understand 'flavour' : )
ezjail.flavour  is copied to each jail and run once at the jail
startup and get deleted.

i added these lines to ezjail.flavour:
PACKAGEROOT=ftp://ftp11.tw.freebsd.org
pkg_add -r libtool
pkg_add -r libiconv
pkg_add -r gettext
pkg_add -r gmake

when the test jail starting,  the debug msg showed:
"Configuring jails: sysvipc_allow=NO.
Starting jails:  "

i thought it hung up and was not ok to start..
i think it should also show some hints on adding pkg and done pkg, etc.

Now i can enjoy the wonderful ezjail. thanks.

2007/11/11, Dirk Engling <erdgeist AT erdgeist DOT org>:

> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007, Roy Will wrote:
>
> > i want to add these pkgs when creating a new jail: libtool, libiconv,
> > gettext, gmake, vim, etc., so in my /data/jails/flavours/myflavour/ ,
> > need i add a dir 'pkg'  and
> > put these packges into the dir?  i thought the 'rm -rf /pkg' will
> > delete the /pkg of the flavour when the first creating...
>
> You first need to understand what exactly a flavour is, it looks like:
>
> > btw, is it a good idea to install vim-lite in the basejail for shared
> > by all jails?
>
> indicates that you don't.
>
> http://erdgeist.org/arts/software/ezjail/#Flavours
> explains, what you want to do with flavours,
> http://erdgeist.org/arts/software/ezjail/#difference_templatejail_flavour
> explains the difference between your template jail and a flavour.
>
> > Another question: why need another copy of ports tree in each jail?
> > for example,
> > /data/jails/basejail/usr/ports/  is a copy,
> > and /data/jails/www/basejail/usr/ports/  is another copy.
> > i thought /data/jails/basejail/usr/ports are shared by all jails...
>
> http://erdgeist.org/arts/software/ezjail/#ports_copy explains, why I
> considered drawing a distinct line between host and jail environment.
>
> What YOU do notice, is that ezjail mounts an transparent copy of your
> ports (and the rest of the world) from basejail to all other jails.
> This is not a copy in file system sense but a virtual one meant to save you
> disc space.

isn't 'virtual one'  the same as soft link?

Sorry i am not clear for its meaning..  "mounts an transparent copy "