bind9 in a jail and a sysctl?

Hello,
I've got ezjail going on FreeBSD 6.2. I'm trying to get bind going within a jail. I've got it listening on only the jail ip and it works. With one exception. Occationally named will become unresponsive for a time, then it starts responding again. It usually last about 5 minutes or so and doesn't write anything to the logs. If i try a query i get a connection refused. I'm assuming it has something to do with a jail sysctl, but haven't found it. Also, i set sysctl security.jail.sysvipc_allowed=1 on the host system, but jails set it back to zero. How can i make this sysctl stick?
Thanks.
Dave.