jails on different subnet

Hello,
I've got a box that i'd like to host jails on for concept testing. I've got an internal 192.168.0 subnet but i'd like to put the jails on their own separate subnet 172.16.x.x and let them use their host system as the gateway. The host system uses another box as it's gateway then it hits the internet. I was wondering with this add-on if these jails would be able to get out? I would also like to do nfs within the various jails. This is on a FreeBSD 6.2 machine.
   Is this doable?
Thanks.
Dave.