Re: [ezjail] install 60 jails

I create a "compile" jail, and in it I do a "make package" or "make package-recursive" for all the packages I want installed in other jails.

Since all my jails share the same /usr/ports, in the other jails it's quite simple to script the installation of the latest compiled version of any given app:

    pkg_add /usr/ports/www/lightttpd/*.tbz

do that as required for the packages you need installed. You'll use this same technique later when you manage your jails. For example, the recent png exploit that required updating in every jail in which its installed. If you are using this approach, you build the package in the compile jail and then deinstall and pkg_add it back into each jails.

  jexec JID su
pkg_info -e png-1.2.18 && cd /usr/ports/graphics/png && make deinstall && pkg_add *.tbz

and of course, this is very easy to script.

Matt