Re: [ezjail] install 60 jails

On Oct 24, 2007, at 9:23 PM, Dirk Engling wrote:

Jorge R. Constenla wrote:

I need to install 60 jails.
All Jails should run apache-php5-mysql5-perl-ftp-qmail-vpopmail- courier

Have you considered how much RAM is going to be required to manage 60 Apache + PHP 5 instances? And 60 MySQL instances? Even with my- small.cnf you're looking at a lot of RAM. Is MySQL necessary? Can you use one MySQL instance shared by all 60 jails?

Vpopmail works just fine with the CDB database, so unless you need something like the sasql plugin for squirrelmail, or SA per-user prefs, avoiding MySQL entirely would be a good design idea.

I also echo Dirk's suggestion of lighttpd instead of Apache and dovecot instead of courier.

Matt

Do you know some documentation to do this?

for i in `jot - 1 60 1`; do
  ezjail-admin create \
  -f apache-php5-mysql5-perl-ftp-qmail-vpopmail-courrier \
  apmpfqvc-${i}.foo.com 42.42.42.${i} ;\
done

I also would set up only one mysql jail that can be backupped and
updated centrally, would go for lighty instead of apache, centralize my mail infrastructure in one jail by offering virtual hosts as outlined in
http://erdgeist.org/epost.pdf, consider using dovecot. Then I would
create one disc-image containing a clone-able read-only setup which I
would deploy and script-configure 60 times. In case of an update I would
just delete them, roll a new image and clone that.

Regards

  erdgeist