Re: [ezjail] ezjail features

On Sat, Sep 22, 2007 at 01:39:31PM -0400, Graham Todd wrote:
> Sorry if this Q is already a FAQ, but what are other folks doing when
> it's time to move an ezjail-based jail to another ezjail-based jail host
> server? I mske sure ezjail is set up and working on the new host and
> then use rsync to move:

I have no solution, but I will throw my hat in the ring as someone who
will be looking for this feature in the very near future.

We currently use jails in a few places, but are looking to use them much
more in the future as a strategy for abstracting the software from the
hardware.  i.e. currently, when we have hardware problems, it's a real
pain to find a spare box, switch it in, diagnose, etc.  With jails,
we're hoping to have a fluid system to be able to move jails from one
physical host to another, or even from our rsync-based backups in case
of failure.

We'll be developing this in house if no solution presents itself in the
next few months..

Dan