Re: [ezjail] what does that one jail lock another?

On 14.01.12 14:32, Ferruccio Zamuner wrote:

> With ezjail 3.1 and freebsd 8.1 I can share same external IP (on re0)
> between different jails while with ezjail 3.2 on freebsd 8.2 seems not
> possible.
>
> Have you more hint about how to solve this?

I think, the jail man page says it:

"It is only possible to start multiple jails with the same IP address,
if none of the jails has more than this single overlapping IP address
assigned to itself."

So bad luck in trying to bind to the same address AND a local one. Maybe
you use NAT to solve this:

http://blog.burghardt.pl/2009/01/multiple-freebsd-jails-sharing-one-ip-address/

  erdgeist