Re: [ezjail] Patching jails to make periodic scripts log to files

Alex Moura wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday I saw the changelog and upgraded to ezjail v2.1 and I would
like to patch existing jails with this new feature:

" * Default flavours /etc/periodic.conf now makes all periodic scripts
log to files instead  of sending mails. Most often this is what you
want in your jails."

In other words, I'd like to make my old jails' /etc/periodic.conf to
make all periodic scripts log to files instead of sending mails.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

you don't need to change ezjail for that, just edit your /etc/periodic.conf.

for example:

daily_output="/var/log/daily.log"

now the daily output will go to that file. you may want to touch it first. and you will surely want to configure /etc/newsyslog.conf to rotate the log file regularly.

hth

--
george donnelly ~ High Speed Rails inc. ~ highspeedrails.com
Managed Open-Source Hosting ~ Plone Hosting ~ Full Support