Re: [ezjail] Re: Weird Permission Denied Error.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 05:25:31PM -0400, Patrick Wolfe wrote:
> At this point, I don't have a clue what's wrong.  I'm just grasping at
> straws, trying to think what I'd look at.

And I really appreciate it - I've been grasping at straws for a week.
At this point, it's intellectual curiosity more than anything.

> What does /etc/fstab.<YOURJAILNAME> look like?  Could be the mount
> options blocking execution.  Where are your jails mounted?  Is
> /usr/jails a separate filesystem?  If yes, is that filesystem mounted
> noexec?

root@lucky:/usr# cat /etc/fstab.test_therub_org
/usr/jails/basejail /usr/jails/test.therub.org/basejail nullfs ro 0 0

jails are in /usr/jails, and /usr is its own filesystem.

root@lucky:/usr# mount
/dev/amrd0s1a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/amrd0s1d on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/amrd0s1e on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/amrd0s1f on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)

> Can you run (from the host, outside the jail):
>   su -u nobody -c /usr/jails/basejail/bin/csh

Now, this is fascinating:

root@lucky:/usr# su -m nobody -c /usr/jails/basejail/bin/csh
/usr/jails/basejail/bin/csh: Permission denied.

What command is ezjail using to do the "make install
DESTDIR=/usr/jails/basejail"?

dan