Re: [ezjail] Non-interactive use of ezjail-admin update -P

I see.   Perhaps it would be more useful if the ".norun" jails didnt run on machine bootup - but could still be started manually using "ezjail.sh start .norun_jailname"  That was how I read the explanation on your webpage - my mistake - but perhaps a suggestion for the future.

On 8/1/07, Dirk Engling <erdgeist AT erdgeist DOT org> wrote:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Shane wrote:

> I have a jail that I want to manually start only and didnt find a good way
> to do it despite making a few mods to the script.    Not a big issue for me
> - just drawing it to your attention in case its a real problem that hasnt
> been mentioned before.

No this is not an issue. ezjail's names must not contain dots. I ensure
that when creating and renaming jails. So inserting a dot into a jailname
by marking it .norun or manually renaming the jail prevents it from being
run. Thats the deal.

I can think of force-starting a jail marked norun, but that'll miss the
point.

Regards

   erdgeist