Re: [ezjail] hung jail and jls processes

George Donnelly wrote:
i've had jails hang but they never resisted the usual commands to stop
or kill them ; i never had to reboot to get rid of them.

I have. Sometimes something gets borked, and a jail just gets stuck, with no processes running, but it still shows up in jls. Usually I can just restart the jail, and it works fine. If the interface aliases are all that's left of the previous jail, you can manually remove them using something like "ifconfig bge0:1 -alias" using the appropriate interface name and alias number in place of "bge0:1".