Re: [ezjail] hung jail and jls processes

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 20:14 -0400, Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I'm running ezjail on 6.2. I had a hung jail, or i'm assuming that's
> what it was, and i took care of it. Now when i do a jls i see four jail
> processes, two are from my currently running jails and the other two are
> dead processes, but killall -j won't eliminate them. My problem is they're
> holding the network cards' aliased ip and when starting the jails they
> complain about not being able to bind to active interfaces. I've checked for
> /var/run/jail* files, when the jails are running i see them, when not i
> don't. But i still see the processes in the jls output. I am open to
> suggestions.
> Thanks.
> Dave.

did you try:

- logging into the jails and running:

		kill -TERM -1
           	kill -KILL -1

- /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh stop

- killall -9 -j (untried)

- otherwise, maybe a reboot?

i've had jails hang but they never resisted the usual commands to stop
or kill them ; i never had to reboot to get rid of them.

good luck with it.

--
george donnelly ~ High Speed Rails inc. ~ highspeedrails.com
Managed Open-Source Hosting ~ Plone Hosting ~ Full Support