hung jail and jls processes

Hello,
I'm running ezjail on 6.2. I had a hung jail, or i'm assuming that's what it was, and i took care of it. Now when i do a jls i see four jail processes, two are from my currently running jails and the other two are dead processes, but killall -j won't eliminate them. My problem is they're holding the network cards' aliased ip and when starting the jails they complain about not being able to bind to active interfaces. I've checked for /var/run/jail* files, when the jails are running i see them, when not i don't. But i still see the processes in the jls output. I am open to suggestions.
Thanks.
Dave.