Re: [ezjail] why is fdescfs needed

On May 12, 2007, at 3:26 AM, Dirk Engling wrote:

George Donnelly wrote:

I rebuilt my kernel without fdescfs but the delay is still there.

Have you checked your DNS is working? Maybe some application is waiting
for DNS timeout (sshd? apache?)

sorry guys, i thought i had replied back about this. i found the problem. sendmail in the jail was trying to build some table and that was causing the delay. once i put sendmail_enable="NONE" into the jail rc.conf, the problem went away.

thanks.

btw, ezjail definitely makes jails easier as well as more time and resource efficient. i have been building jails from scratch for 3 years but the ezjail approach is really much better. i spend less time, less energy and fewer computing resources on more secure, more easily-updated jails. thanks!

george donnelly ~ High Speed Rails inc. ~ highspeedrails.com
Managed Open-Source Hosting ~ Plone Hosting ~ Full Support
Y/AIM: highspeedrails ~ 1-800-969-1452 ~ 1-206-774-8566