Re: [ezjail] why is fdescfs needed

George Donnelly wrote:
> hi
>
> I'm using a standard jail with no special options:
>
> ezjail-admin  create hostname ip
>
> but when i start up the jail i get this:
>
> ezjailConfiguring jails:.
> Starting jails:mount_fdescfs: Operation not supported by device
>
> is fdescfs really needed for something or is that just for the image
> options?
>
> george donnelly ~ High Speed Rails inc. ~ highspeedrails.com
> Managed Open-Source Hosting ~ Plone Hosting ~ Full Support
> Y/AIM: highspeedrails ~ 1-800-969-1452 ~ 1-206-774-8566

Hello,

ezjail_fdescfs_enable="NO"

In /usr/local/etc/ezjail.conf stops these errors from appearing.

The file-descriptor file system, or fdescfs, provides access to the per-
process file descriptor namespace in the global file system namespace.
The conventional mount point is /dev/fd.

Never really used it, neither in host, nor in jail systems. Does anyone
know a good reason for using it ?

--
Alexandros Kosiaris 	Network Management Center , NTUA
e-mail : alex AT noc.ntua DOT gr