Re: [ezjail] updating ports for jails

Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm running ezjail on freebsd 6.2. I've got one jail that i've been
> running for a while now, and another i just added. I tried to update my
> ports with:
>
> ezjail-admin update -P
>
>    as i didn't make a full make buildworld so -p wasn't needed. I got an
> error that the extents were corrupt, this occurred twice when i tried it
> and the base ports tree that my jail ports go off of have not been updated.
> Here's the error.
> Thanks.
> Dave.
>
> #ezjail-admin update -P
> Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 2 mirrors found.
> Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap1.FreeBSD.org... done.
> Fetching snapshot metadata... done.
> Updating from Sun Apr  1 10:41:20 EDT 2007 to Tue May  8 22:31:21 EDT 2007.
> Fetching 3 metadata patches.. done.
> Applying metadata patches... done.
> Fetching 3 metadata files...
> gunzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> metadata is corrupt.
> Ports tree is already up to date.

Hello,

This is seems to be output from portsnap and not really connected to
ezjail. What seems to have happened is that for some reason the metadata
files downloaded are corrupt. The reason behind it could be one of  many
like corruption on the server side, or corruption on the network, or
corruption locally from a bad block , or bad memory. Could you try to
reproduce  the error again in a couple of hours to eliminate corruption
on the server side?

--
Alexandros Kosiaris 	Network Management Center , NTUA
e-mail : alex AT noc.ntua DOT gr