ezjail ro workarounds

I'm working with ezjail on a live system and I ran into a snag trying to install some ports in a jail with the RO root: specifically at least /usr/ports/security/openssh-portable wants to install into /usr/share which is RO to the jail.

It seems as if perhaps I made a mistake accepting the default configuration of base rather than minimizing the ro portion, but as I have a live jail in the tree, I had hoped I'd be able to either temporarily mount the fs as RW or if there were hints for otherwise minimizing the RO portion of the jail.

In this case convenience and ease of management are far more important than resource conservation (disk space, memory).

any hints?

-David