Re: [ezjail] newbie Q: ezjail and freebsd-update

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Panagiotis Christias
> Kelly Martin wrote:
>>
>> For the host system I don't use CVS or other developer methods to
>> follow a source tree, instead I use the freebsd-update tool to keep
>> updated with security patches - for example, right now I am running
>> 7.2-RELEASE-p4. It's forced me to use a GENERIC kernel to get
>> freebsd-update's binary updates, and I *think* freebsd-update updates
>> my source tree as well but I am not sure. The kernel showing in my
>> jails get updated automatically using freebsd-update since the jail
>> system uses the same kernel.
>>
>> How do I keep my jail's userland updated in this scenario?
>
> Hello,
>
> have you tried "ezjail-admin update -u"? Updates the base-jail using
> freebsd-update.
>
> Regards,
> Panagiotis
>
> --
> Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
> p.christias AT noc.ntua DOT gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE

Well that definitely seems to work, thanks. I thought it must be in
the man page, but when I checked that option doesn't seem to be
documented... unless I'm missing something. Either way, I am happy to
have discovered this option.

thanks,
kelly