RE: [ezjail] Error with postfix dirs when using the archive feature.

If you have a socket then jail isn't stopped

-----Original Message-----
From: Balázs Mátéffy <repcsike AT gmail DOT com>
Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:18 PM
To: ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org <ezjail AT erdgeist DOT org>
Subject: [ezjail] Error with postfix dirs when using the archive feature.

Hello,

I would like to use the archive feature of ezjail but I get archiver related
errors when it reaches my postfix spool dir.

The jails are stopped, and I'm running the command as root.

# ezjail-admin archive -A

pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/tlsmgr
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/rewrite
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/bounce
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/defer
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/trace
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/verify
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/proxymap
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/proxywrite
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/smtp
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/relay
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/error
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/retry
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/discard
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/local
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/virtual
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/lmtp
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/anvil
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/private/scache
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/public/cleanup
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/public/flush
pax: Ustar cannot archive a socket ./var/spool/postfix/public/showq
Error: Archiving jail failed.
  You might want to check and remove
/pathtobackupdir/xyz-200907192356.57.tar.gz.

I looked after it and the dir /var/spool/postfix/private( has rights of 700)
and ownership of postfix:wheel, so root cant access it.
With public its 710 and postfix:maildrop, it's the same stuff...

Is there a safe workaround, or I just have to add rights for these dirs? I
know it's not exactly ezjail related but there should be a swith to skip
these, and not die, or something.

Thanks for the help!

Best Regards,

B.